You spoke. We listened.
Our new online and mobile apps are available NOW! The new platforms are much easier to use and navigate, and offer more options than ever before! Turn your computer or mobile device into your own SAC FCU branch with access to your account anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
Click here to sign-up/log-in to online banking, or click the link below to download the app today!
New Features Include:
- Touch ID Log In
- Facial Recognition (for iPhone 10)
- Instant Balance View
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Stronger fraud monitoring
- Mobile app with increased functionality including Instant Balance Inquiries
- Streamlined funds transfers
Online & Mobile Access:
- For your Log-In ID, use your current Log-In ID
- You will need to enter the last 6 digits of the primary member's Tax ID Number for your temporary password
- You will then be prompted to reset your temporary password
- Please verify your email and phone number
For your security, you must complete the steps above before you can access the mobile app. Once the steps are completed, download the app here and log-in using your newly reset password.
iPad users, please click here to download
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Log-In ID will not change
- Members will be prompted to change their passwords upon first log-in
- All prior bill payments will transfer to the new system
- External transfers (i.e. an ACH transfer from another financial institution to a SAC loan or deposit account) will have to be reset
- Page URL will need to be resaved in your web browser's favorites menu
Remote Deposit CaptureThe ability to deposit checks into your account using your mobile smart phone is now available. Below are instructions to assist you in the process:
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it "For Deposit Only."
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen when capturing your photos. Try not to get too much of the areas surrounding the check.
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place the check on solid dark background before taking the photo of it.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Hold the camera as square to the check as possible to reduce corner to corner skew.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of your check) is readable.